Murphy's law on Military
Murphy's Law : Military
- Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
- No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.
- Friendly fire ain't.
- The most dangerous thing in the combat zone is an officer
with a map.
- The problem with taking the easy way out is that the enemy
has already mined it .
- The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives
the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
- The further you are in advance of your own positions, the
more likely your artillery will shoot short.
- Incoming fire has the right of way.
- If your advance is going well, you are walking into an
- The quartermaster has only two sizes, too large and too
- If you really need an officer in a hurry, take a nap.
- The only time suppressive fire works is when it is used on
- The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is
incoming friendly fire .
- There is nothing more satisfying that having someone take
a shot at you, and miss.
- Don't be conspicuous. In the combat zone, it draws fire.
Out of the combat zone, it draws sergeants.
- If your sergeant can see you, so can the enemy.